Friday, April 6, 2012

DIY Elegant Jewelry Tree


So...you can either buy the jewelry tree on the right from Urban Outfitters for just $32! Or you can make one for about $1.

You will need:
*tree branch
*small piece of board (any size you want)
*white paint  (or a color of your choice)
*a drill with a large enough drill bit to make the hole
*garden clippers

1. Find a branch that you want. I just went in my yard and cut one from an aspen tree. If you live in an area where there's really cool branches then you're lucky! I don't.

2. Cut the piece of wood down to size and sand the edges a little.

3. Drill a hole the size of your branch then put a few drops of wood glue in the hole and stick it in.

4. My branch was huge when I started so I had to cut off a LOT. Cut back the branches until you get the desired look. Which is whatever you want really.

5. Paint the whole thing white or whatever you color you choose. I wish I would have done a light sea blue but oh well! White is good too. One coat is good for coverage although the second makes the small branches stronger so you choose.

6. Hang your jewelry on it! The tree makes a great display for your favorite pieces. This also makes a really simple (and cheap!) gift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment